It's a few hours early, but the more time for nomination fun the better! If you haven't already please read the rules
before you start nominating.
- You may nominate up to five fandoms with up to five relationships in each.
- Both parties must be women or gender questioning/queer people you'd be comfortable writing about in a femslash challenge
- All characters in nominated threesomes/moresomes must be women or gender questioning/queer people you'd be comfortable writing about in a femslash challenge.
- Please nominate crossovers as under the fandom: Crossovers - Fandom, and list the characters with their fandom after the character name (Example: Pepper Potts (MCU)/Seven of Nine (Star Trek: Voyager)
- [Canonical Character]/Original Female Character is allowed. [Canonical Character]/Any is not allowed
- [Canonical Character]/[Unnamed Character] is allowed in cases where there most likely was a woman, but we don't know exactly who she was, for example: Galadriel/Legolas' Mother in The Hobbit fandom.
- There will be one category for Original Work, in which you may nominate things such as Princess/Handmaiden, Mermaid/Ship Captain, or Starship Captain/Chief Engineer.
- You may wish to drop down into the comments below to see what fandoms and pairings others are nominating, and how to nominate large/complicated fandoms. We will be continuing to wrangle most large fandoms in the same manner as previous years, including:
- Songs with female singers and female or ambiguous pronouns are eligible.
- All of the MCU movies, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., and Agent Carter will be listed under Marvel Cinematic Universe.
- Jessica Jones, Daredevil, Luke Cage and Iron Fist will be listed together under Marvel Netflix.
- X-Men (Movies) will now be divided into X-Men (Alternate Timeline Movies), X-Men (Original Timeline Movies) and Deadpool (2016). Wolverine movies go in Original Timeline.
- Marvel Comics will be nominated by universe, for example: Marvel 616, Marvel Adventures, etc.
- Main-continuity DC comics, including pre-Flashpoint and New 52, will be under DCU (Comics). Other DC universes such as Bombshells will be separate by universe.
- Everything set in the Doctor Who universe can be nominated under Doctor Who (including Sarah Jane Adventures and Torchwood).
- Tolkien fandoms will be split into The Silmarillion – J.R.R. Tolkein; The Hobbit (All Media Types), and The Lord of the Rings (All Media Types).
- All of the old-continuity Star Treks together under "Star Trek: Classic Timeline (All Series)," AOS under "Star Trek: Alternate Original Series (Movies)."
- Stargate will be grouped together under "Stargate - All Series"
- Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Angel: The Series and assorted spinoffs will go together under "Buffy the Vampire Slayer & Related Fandoms."
- All variations of Sailor Moon will be nominated separately.
- All Pretty Cure series will be nominated together.
- All Rune Factory series will be nominated together.
- FF X and FF X-2 will be nominated as "Final Fantasy X & Final Fantasy X-2"
- All of Dragon Age goes together under "Dragon Age - All Media Types"
- Kamen Rider variations go together under Kamen Rider - All Media Types
- Various Sentai properties go together under Super Sentai Series
- The Les Mis tag will be "Les Miserables (All Media Types)."
- Law and Order series will be nominated separately by series name.
- Arrow, The Flash, Supergirl and Legends of Tomorrow tv shows will be nominated together as "Arrowverse (CW TV)"
If you're unhappy with any of those combinations/divisions, the mods are willing to negotiate, but the sooner you mention it, the more likely we are to be able to change it. If you believe your fandom has changed over the last year in a way that makes the above no longer accurate, or you plan to nominate a new fandom that may need special treatment in a similar manner, please let us know!
If you spot any doubles, misfiled fandoms, random pairing popping up under other fandoms or pairings that don't qualify, comment here. We're going to do our best to wrangle as we go.
Don't waste a nomination! Before you nominate anything, check the tag set to see if your pairings and fandoms are already there.
We also won’t be running a separate nomination discussion post this year due to the timeline being moved up a little, so in addition to any wrangling issues please feel free to talk about what you're thinking of nominating in the comments, discuss eligibility, negotiate free spaces in your nominations with other users, etc.
Okay, ready to go? More than ready to go? Click here to nominate some femslash.
Nominations will remain open until 6pm EDT, 10 August 2017.